Alternatively press and hold ALT + CAP + Delete to perform a reset.
NOTE: A soft/hard reset will not result in data loss.
1. Press the silver square on the back of the BlackBerry and slide the battery cover off.
NOTE: This reset will not result in data loss.
2. Remove the battery from the battery well.
3. Reinsert the battery so that the BlackBerry logo faces up and the metal contacts on the battery align with the metal contacts on the BlackBerry. Then replace the battery cover.
Master Reset (Wipe Handheld)
WARNING: A master reset will result in the loss of ALL user data! Proceed with caution. It is recommended to perform a backup of the RIM BlackBerry data.
1. Scroll to and select the Settings icon (to select push the trackball in).
2. Scroll to and select the Options icon.
3. Scroll to and select Security Options.
4. Scroll to and select General Settings.
5. Press the Menu key , select Wipe Handheld.
6. The device is going to confirm that the data will be erased. Select Continue.
WARNING: A master reset will result in the loss of ALL user data!
7. Enter "blackberry" to confirm handheld wipe.